Wednesday 16 November 2011

Patti Hansen

I have long held that Patti Hansen is the most beautiful woman ever, so I love the cover of this month's Town & Country. I don't feel like I see enough of her now, even though she seems to improve with age. I have not read Keith's book "Life" yet (still using it as a doorstop) but I hope to get to it this holiday season.

I was so moved by her interview in Vogue (August 2010) when she opened up about the bladder cancer she had been battling, after a brush with/bout with breast cancer in 2005 (neither of those terms seem right do they? but that's just how she downplays it... cool lady.) She seems like a real go-to-girl. Someone who has managed to instil an incredible sense of family into a rather nomadic bunch of people - daughters, models; papa, a rolling stone. Despite having several family homes it seems that they do all retreat to each of them and "act" quite normal, in a hubby-doing-sketches-for-you-using-his-own-blood kind of way. And apparently she bakes cookies in all of them.

She seriously rocks.





images: Town&Country, Fashion Model Directory, Who's Dated Who, NY Post, Zimbio

No comments:

Post a Comment