Saturday 23 July 2011

I've always got the blues

I know I said that I love colour and I do. Anyone who has seen my home will attest to that, and several friends have even suggested I may want to tone it down a bit? But unfortunately I just buy what I like, then get it home and realise I've done it again...

However if I could only choose one colour for the house it would definitely be blue, and I'm getting my fix of it in our beach house. Last week in Paris I was floored by the window of the divine Hermes flagship at 24, faubourg Saint-Honore. Leila Menchari has been doing the incredible seasonal windows there since 1977, and the summer window features their new range of porcelain, "Bleu d'Ailleurs". I can't remember the last time I coveted something so much.

Of course despite all the stores on the most heavenly shopping street on the planet being open until 7pm each night, Hermes closes at 6:30. I arrived at 6:50 and felt like Oprah Winfrey standing with my face pressed to the steely gates, being refused entry. I don't imagine I will receive a formal apology though!

I am hoping Santa may pop in to Hermes for some housewarming presents for me. Mmmm.






1 comment:

  1. i certainly hope you won't be toning anything down! i could sit in your living room forever...

    ReplyDelete